Re: Make Grob::name accessible to Scheme (issue 203090043 by address@hid

From: Paul Morris
Subject: Re: Make Grob::name accessible to Scheme (issue 203090043 by address@hidden)
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2015 16:46:47 -0500

> On Feb 16, 2015, at 1:20 PM, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> That only documents functions written in C++.  We don't really have a
> reasonably complete compendium of user-accessible LilyPond programming
> resources.

Ok, thanks for the tip.  It would be nice to have more complete documentation
of public scheme functions, at least the more useful ones.

It would be interesting to get a list of all the public scheme functions, and
then for each of them see how many times they have been used in the snippets in
the LSR.  That would be one way to get at which of them have been useful in
user-side scheme code.

I don't know how one would go about this, or how hard it would be, but it seems
like an area where scheme's code-as-data/data-as-code ("homoiconicity") would
really shine.

Cheers,
-Paul