Re: Draft: Extended mensural notation support

From: James Lowe
Subject: Re: Draft: Extended mensural notation support
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2015 18:41:37 +0000

On 25/02/15 18:33, David Kastrup wrote:
> Lukas Pietsch <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> David Kastrup <dak <at> gnu.org> writes:

>> I do feel a bit lost now.
>
> Just wait for testing and reviews.  And/or create separate patches.  The
> problem is that when the patches are dependent on one another, it
> becomes tricky submitting one patch before the previous patch has made
> it into LilyPond master, and so a five-patch series ends up taking a
> month until it is completely submitted.  Which is rarely practical.

Agreed, however (waves hand), I am more than happy to help and take
multiple patches and test them manually - all you need to do is give
instruction to me - but having separate, small patches *is* so much more
helpful to the rest of the dev team to review.

(says the man who is still sitting on a too-large patch for the Midi
section in the Doc - @Trevor / Heikki: I haven't forgotten this.)

James