Re: Draft: Extended mensural notation support

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Draft: Extended mensural notation support
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2015 11:02:02 +0100

Lukas Pietsch <address@hidden> writes:

> Having discussed a bit more with Werner, could I then request the
> administrators to grant me that write access, so I can start
> submitting the first patches?

Developing the first patches does not require write access: the
development process in Git is primarily a local one.  If there is
consent that Rietveld is not useful for looking at incremental patches
(I am not convinced but not opposed to trying a more patch-series
friendly review), I would strongly suggest that "git send-email" is used
for sending the patch series to the developer list for discussion.
Improved versions of a patch series can be sent using "git send-email
--reroll-count 2" and so on.

The most important thing to get right at first is working with your
local repository.  Write access to the global repository should not be
necessary for that.  I prefer saving that until contributors have shown
to be comfortable with our workflows and Git.