Re: Fwd: Google Code shutting down

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Fwd: Google Code shutting down
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2015 20:10:26 +0900

On Fri, Mar 13, 2015 at 11:33:22AM +0100, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:
> I can click the "export" button so all the issues are migrated to
> github. Thoughts, ideas?
>
> Didn't someone setup a lilypond organization at github?

There was some discussion about that, which spilled over to
gnu-hackers or gnu-devel or whatever it's called.  Pending some
investigation about the javascript libraries or scripts used on
github.com, it's tentatively seen as "reluctantly acceptable" to
host GNU software there.

A few people spoke highly in favor of gitlab, but I'm not familiar
with them so I can't say anything one way or the other.

In addition to moving the issues, the "issue handling" scripts
would need to be updated.  Things like git-cl, patchy, and the
whole patch-submission system.  That will be a non-trivial effort.