Re: Google Code shutting down

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: Google Code shutting down
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2015 04:23:21 +0000

On 3/13/15 5:10 AM, "Graham Percival" <address@hidden> wrote:

>On Fri, Mar 13, 2015 at 11:33:22AM +0100, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:
>> I can click the "export" button so all the issues are migrated to
>> github. Thoughts, ideas?
>>
>> Didn't someone setup a lilypond organization at github?
>
>There was some discussion about that, which spilled over to
>gnu-hackers or gnu-devel or whatever it's called.  Pending some
>investigation about the javascript libraries or scripts used on
>github.com, it's tentatively seen as "reluctantly acceptable" to
>host GNU software there.
>
>A few people spoke highly in favor of gitlab, but I'm not familiar
>with them so I can't say anything one way or the other.

I've used GitLab for other projects.  The issue tracker doesn't appear to
me to be nearly as good as what we had set up at Google Code.

Does anybody have any experience with bugzilla as an issue tracker?  It
seems to be the most full-featured open-source tracker as far as the web
is concerned.

Thanks,

Carl