Re: Google Code shutting down

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: Google Code shutting down
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2015 09:01:37 +0100

Il giorno lun 16 mar 2015 alle 5:23, Carl Sorensen <address@hidden> ha scritto:
I've used GitLab for other projects. The issue tracker doesn't appear to
me to be nearly as good as what we had set up at Google Code.

Does anybody have any experience with bugzilla as an issue tracker? It seems to be the most full-featured open-source tracker as far as the web
is concerned.

I have some experience as bug reporter because bugzilla is used by Gnome¹.

They recently upgraded bugzilla and now the experience is a bit better (e.g., email notifications are almost readable now.. they used to have an awful formatting and I could not understand how a bug was modified), but I must say that it's not such a good tracker. The simple search does not work properly most of the times and you must use the advanced search instead. The "My bugs" is not user-friendly at all: try to list all the open bugs you are Cc'ed to and you'll see what I mean. Again, it's better to use the advanced search instead.

I had much better experience with Redmine (Ruby on Rails). You can see an example here:
http://darktable.org/redmine/projects/darktable

¹ https://bugzilla.gnome.org/