Re: Issue 3799: New satb.ly built-in template and template framework (is

From: tdanielsmusic
Subject: Re: Issue 3799: New satb.ly built-in template and template framework (issue 225860043 by address@hidden)
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2015 22:51:49 +0000

On 2015/04/21 19:58:34, dak wrote:

Is Women/Men the correct nomenclature or would it rather be
female/male [voice
types]?  As an alto I'd prefer the least sexist designation as long as
it
matches typical usage.

"Men" is commonly seen in vocal scores, certainly in Oxford and Novello
publications.  "Women" is used rarely, but I have examples in an Oxford
publication.  Usually a change to the S/A line is written as S/A Unis or
similar above the staff, and the staff is left unnamed.  This can be
done
easily by a user of the template if that is desired.

I've never seen female/male used, so I'd prefer to keep the names
unchanged.

Trevor

https://codereview.appspot.com/225860043/