Re: absolute pitch entry: accept an offset octave (issue 235010043 by ad

From: tdanielsmusic
Subject: Re: absolute pitch entry: accept an offset octave (issue 235010043 by address@hidden)
Date: Sun, 17 May 2015 22:06:10 +0000

On 2015/05/17 21:09:13, dak wrote:

  At any rate, if we were to retain both \fixed and \absolute,

I strongly prefer just two input modes, \relative and \absolute, but
as I said right at the beginning:

... I'd prefer
the syntax and options [of \absolute] to parallel those of
\relative.  That is, an optional prefix pitch to indicate
the starting octave, and taking the starting octave from
the first contained note if the prefix is omitted.

That is then consistent, easy to explain and understand, and provides
all the functionally we need (retaining the option to add the
transposing
cuteness at some point in the future if we wish.)

Trevor

https://codereview.appspot.com/235010043/