Re: absolute pitch entry: accept an offset octave (issue 235010043 by ad

From: k-ohara5a5a
Subject: Re: absolute pitch entry: accept an offset octave (issue 235010043 by address@hidden)
Date: Fri, 15 May 2015 06:06:23 +0000

On 2015/05/12 13:11:52, paul_paulwmorris.com wrote:
> On May 7, 2015, at 9:16 PM, Dan Eble <mailto:address@hidden> wrote:
>
> \octave sounds like it should be a function returning the octave of
a note.
It does not sound like an entry mode.

Yes, after further thought it’s probably better to go with something
that
clearly sounds like an entry mode, like \fixed (or \absolute).

I see now that before version 2.12 \octave was used for what is now
\octaveCheck
This seems to have done something related, but subtly different, within
\relative{}

The best choice seems to be \fixed, both for the good fit of the meaning
of the word to the command, and because it is relatively easy to type.
If we allow its reference pitch to be optional, then the relatively new
command \absolute is the same as \fixed with no reference pitch, and we
can document \fixed briefly where we had documented \absolute.

https://codereview.appspot.com/235010043/