Re: absolute pitch entry: accept an offset octave (issue 235010043 by ad

From: dak
Subject: Re: absolute pitch entry: accept an offset octave (issue 235010043 by address@hidden)
Date: Sun, 17 May 2015 21:09:13 +0000

https://codereview.appspot.com/235010043/diff/140001/Documentation/notation/pitches.itely
File Documentation/notation/pitches.itely (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/235010043/diff/140001/Documentation/notation/pitches.itely#newcode112
Documentation/notation/pitches.itely:112: The reference pitch after
@code{\fixed} is optional.
On 2015/05/17 19:07:05, Keith wrote:
Rather than the optional pitch, we could document the other name
"The function @code{\absolute} is shorthand for @code{\fixed c'}

I really hope you mean @code{\fixed c} here, or things will be really
messed up.  At any rate, if we were to retain both \fixed and \absolute,
I don't think it makes sense to give either \absolute or \fixed an
optional argument: it should always be \absolute without pitch, and
\fixed with pitch then.

https://codereview.appspot.com/235010043/