Re: Issue 4622: create a <Part-combiner> class (issue 265260043 by addre

From: dak
Subject: Re: Issue 4622: create a <Part-combiner> class (issue 265260043 by address@hidden)
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 2015 08:33:11 +0000

On 2015/09/30 20:50:55, Dan Eble wrote:
On 2015/09/30 12:58:38, dak wrote:
> I don't think that externally we have much to gain from
> having it fall apart into different implementations rather than
using
different
> parameters for driving a single partcombiner.

I'm not sure I understand you clearly.  Which one of these describes
this patch,
and are you opposing these changes or just stating observations?

I have a bad feeling about these changes because they look like they are
painting us into a corner, making it harder to add generally accessible
functionality in the style of \partcombineForce, both with regard to
adding them into the user interface as well as extending the code.
Let's assume that we make chord extent changeable on the fly via setting
a context property.  How would you implement that using your part
combiner structure?

https://codereview.appspot.com/265260043/