Re: Issue 4622: create a <Part-combiner> class (issue 265260043 by addre

From: nine . fierce . ballads
Subject: Re: Issue 4622: create a <Part-combiner> class (issue 265260043 by address@hidden)
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2015 12:18:07 +0000

On 2015/09/30 11:23:11, dak wrote:

I don't see where you want to be going with this patch.  What is it
supposed to
make easier for the programmer or the user?

Well, for the typical user, nothing.  For people like me, it reduces the
amount of internal Lilypond code that must be duplicated to combine
parts with non-default settings (e.g. without solo passages).  With
master, I need to duplicate make-directed-part-combine-music.  After
this patch, I will be able to create my own <Part-combiner> and say just
this:

dfeVoiceCombine =
#(define-music-function (part1 part2)
   (ly:music? ly:music?)
   (combine-two-parts-center dfe-voice-part-combiner part1 part2))

Also the internal code is better organized (IMO).  The process (parts ->
event lists -> split list ...) is more obvious.  The dependence on
specific context names has been pushed outward a bit.

https://codereview.appspot.com/265260043/