Re: Obsolete GSoC page

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Obsolete GSoC page
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2017 10:56:20 +0100

Am 06.03.2017 um 10:16 schrieb Federico Bruni:

> Il giorno lun 6 mar 2017 alle 7:20, Urs Liska <address@hidden> ha
> scritto:
>> Am 06.03.2017 um 05:02 schrieb Werner LEMBERG:
>>
>>     PS: If I do a google search for `lilypond gsoc', the first hit is
>>     the old http://lilypond.org/gsoc.html and only the second hit is
>>     the current http://lilypond.org/google-summer-of-code.html Any
>>     chance to fix this quickly, for example, to copy the latter to
>>     the former?
>>
>> I'm very surprised and didn't even know such a page exists!
>> ~/git/lilypond/source$ git grep gsoc
>> Documentation/es/web/community.itexi:@uref{https://developers.google.com/open-source/gsoc/,
>> GSoC} es un
>> Documentation/es/web/news.itexi:@uref{http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/homepage/google/gsoc2012,
>> El
>> Documentation/fr/web/community.itexi:@uref{https://developers.google.com/open-source/gsoc/resources/manual,
>> Documentation/it/web/community.itexi:@uref{https://developers.google.com/open-source/gsoc/,
>> GSoC} รจ un programma
>> Documentation/ja/web/community.itexi:@uref{https://developers.google.com/open-source/gsoc/,
>> GSoC} is a global
>> Documentation/web/community.itexi:@uref{https://developers.google.com/open-source/gsoc/resources/manual,
>> Documentation/web/news.itexi:@uref{http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/homepage/google/gsoc2012,
>> Documentation/zh/web/news-front.itexi:@uref{http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/homepage/google/gsoc2012,
>> This indicates that the GSoC page's translation hasn't been properly
>> updated for a number of languages, but it doesn't really show how a
>> gsoc.html should have been triggered.
> IIRC there's a page for every @node, so:
> $ git grep -i "@node gsoc"
> Documentation/ca/web/community.itexi:@node GSoC 2012
> Documentation/zh/web/community.itexi:@node GSoC 2012
> seems to confirm your hypothesis that the website sync didn't work
> properly.

So does that indicate that the HTML document is created because there's
a @node remaining in two translations, or does it mean what I thought:
that an obsolete file simply isn't removed when uploading the new website?

To add to that: from looking at the website with Catalan selected I came
to the file http://lilypond.org/gsoc-2012.html which is yet another one
than http://lilypond.org/gsoc.html.
It turns out that there's a gsoc-2012.html and a gsoc.html, both
available in English and a number of translations and in different
states of outdatedness.

Urs

--
address@hidden