Re: Obsolete GSoC page

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: Obsolete GSoC page
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2017 11:27:09 +0100

Il giorno lun 6 mar 2017 alle 10:56, Urs Liska <address@hidden> ha scritto:
IIRC there's a page for every @node, so:

$ git grep -i "@node gsoc"
Documentation/ca/web/community.itexi:@node GSoC 2012
Documentation/zh/web/community.itexi:@node GSoC 2012

seems to confirm your hypothesis that the website sync didn't work properly.

So does that indicate that the HTML document is created because there's a @node remaining in two translations, or does it mean what I thought: that an obsolete file simply isn't removed when uploading the new website?

To add to that: from looking at the website with Catalan selected I came to the file http://lilypond.org/gsoc-2012.html which is yet another one than http://lilypond.org/gsoc.html. It turns out that there's a gsoc-2012.html and a gsoc.html, both available in English and a number of translations and in different states of outdatedness

gsoc-2012.html is generated by an existing node: "@node GSoC 2012", as shown by the grep above.

But gsoc.html doesn't have any matching @node so it should be an obsolete file. I don't know how the website build process works. In order to remove obsolete files with rsync the option --delete must be used.