Re: Allura/SourceForge to Gitlab migration

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: Allura/SourceForge to Gitlab migration
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2018 22:57:34 +0200

Il giorno lun 9 apr 2018 alle 22:23, Karlin High <address@hidden> ha scritto:
On 4/9/2018 3:05 PM, Karlin High wrote:
Whether terms of service and such are aligned with GNU standards is something I haven't checked.

...But if projects like Debian and GNOME are using GitLab, as Federico Bruni pointed out, the chances of a terms-of-service conflict with GNU and FSF seem rather small.
--

Well, of course they use the open source version, the community edition (gitlab-ce). See for example:
http://metadata.ftp-master.debian.org/changelogs/contrib/g/gitlab/gitlab_10.6.3+dfsg-1_copyright

Enterprise Edition is a no-go, as we do not want to depend on a provider, right? If gitlab.com changes the service terms, you can migrate your projects to a self-hosted gitlab-ce.