Re: development process

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: development process
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2020 11:49:08 +0100

> On Wed, Feb 5, 2020 at 10:23 AM Jonas Hahnfeld <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> I don't see why we need to have a final list of detailed points that we
>> all agree upon before sketching a process.
>

> I think it's a more systematic way of approaching the problem. The reason
> I'm doing it this way, is because I have a vested interest. My daytime job
> is managing the  Gerrit codereview team at Google, so I am more intimately
> familiar with Gerrit, have slight preference for its review experience, and
> a vested interest in seeing it in broader use.

Let me just use this to point out that our current environment has been
the result of getting stuck in the lurch when Google decided to
discontinue providing Google Code.  So going from that experience, it
would make sense to favor tools where we have useful contingency plans
for falling out of support.