Re: development process

From: Kevin Barry
Subject: Re: development process
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2020 15:06:24 +0000

I don't know if lurkers' opinions count, but on the subject of potential
replacements for Savannah/Sourceforge: I am part of a team that administer
both Gerrit and Gitlab in-house deployments. If choosing between them I
would advocate for Gitlab because it includes issue tracking and CI/CD so
perhaps all work can go through one place and contributors/maintainers
would not need to have accounts for multiple apps/systems. Gerrit is a good
code review tool, but for various reasons that may be our own fault, it is
deeply unpopular where I work.

I am sadly not quite up to the task of developing the codebase (maybe one
day), but I can help with systems/operational things if wanted.

(I don't have a view on the bigger discussion about process - the change
most likely to help me to contribute would be mentorship rather than any
process change).