Re: development process

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: development process
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2020 10:13:06 -0500

Hi all,

> I don't know if lurkers' opinions count

I hope so, because I’m about to give another one…  ;)

> Gerrit is a good code review tool, but for various reasons
> that may be our own fault, it is deeply unpopular where I work.

I know very few of these tools — my deepest version control experience was with
CVS, and that was nearly 20 years ago — but seeing these discussions, it seems
to me very unlikely that a truly democratic process will result in a toolchain
that everyone likes working with (though I’m hopeful that it can at least
result in a toolchain that everyone *will* work with).

> (I don't have a view on the bigger discussion about process - the change
> most likely to help me to contribute would be mentorship rather than any
> process change).

+1

I have many projects (hopefully leading to patches!) on the go, ready to bring
to a mentor once the toolchain and process dust settles.

Cheers,
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer (he/him/his)
‣ website: www.kierenmacmillan.info