Re: New build:

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: New build:
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2020 15:26:48 -0000

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Kastrup" <address@hidden>
To: "Phil Holmes" <address@hidden>
Cc: <address@hidden>; <address@hidden>
Sent: Wednesday, February 05, 2020 3:05 PM

David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:

"Phil Holmes" <address@hidden> writes:

The build completed successfully, as did the upload, so anyone looking
at the manuals on lilypond.org will see 19.84 information.  However,
the website has not built, I think because VERSION in master has not
been updated.  I've pushed an updated VERSION to staging, but my
patchy refuses to run because I have a too -old version of Python.
Python -V gives 2.7.6. Could someone:

1. Tell me a safe method for getting Python >3.5 on Ubuntu 14.04, please?

No idea.  You have backports already enabled in your update sources?  In
case it may be available from there?

Should be checkable as "settings and ???" when calling

sudo update-manager

2.  Possibly run patchy-staging

On its way.

patchy-staging completed.

The web site is now fairly up-to-date. I say "fairly" because "news" has not been updated. I believe this is because the website is actually built automatically from master, whereas I updated news in stable/2.20. I guess the simplest option is to cherry-pick my updates to the news files into staging. I remain a bit uncertain about git (and fairly out of practice). Could someone (David?) skilled in the art update staging from stable/2.20?

Thanks again.

--
Phil Holmes