Re: [RFC] switch to GitLab / gitlab.com

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: [RFC] switch to GitLab / gitlab.com
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2020 11:08:42 +0100

Il giorno ven 7 feb 2020 alle 10:36, Urs Liska <address@hidden> ha scritto:
To recap at this point: the worry about gitlab.com is similar to that wrt guthub: their TOS won't give us a substantial amount of trust in continuity of service.

It's always been this situation unfortunately (see Google Code shutdown). And I haven't checked SourceForge ToS...
If this worry is a blocker, we'll never change tools, which is worse.

But choosing GitLab gives me some confidence because it's widely used (Debian, GNOME). Unfortunately I don't think these two projects can host LilyPond. GNOME Gitlab has a World group, but it's for unofficial software *using GNOME technologies*... perhaps if we turn LilyPad into a Gtk app we can sneak into? ^_^