Re: [RFC] switch to GitLab / gitlab.com

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [RFC] switch to GitLab / gitlab.com
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2020 14:51:06 +0100

Jonas Hahnfeld <address@hidden> writes:

> Am Dienstag, den 11.02.2020, 14:27 +0100 schrieb David Kastrup:
>> 7.6 ‘tsort’: Topological sort
>> =============================
>>
>> [...]
>>
>> Now of course the non-linear manner of being able to update issues and
>> the desire to have cross-reference means that we _will_ have cycles.  So
>> this is not a cure-all, and cycles may need reediting the issues that
>> are broken by cycles.  But at least for the more linear reference
>> chains, this should be a good help.
>
> Let me look into how many issue descriptions actually reference other
> issues. If there are none (or at least none that reference earlier
> issues), we can just be happy with the two-stage approach of migrating
> all issues first and add the comments in a second step.

Or migrate first omitting all links in the descriptions, and afterwards
update all descriptions with links.

One could first create all issues with a stock description, but if that
doesn't trigger spam filters I don't know what will.  So using the
original descriptions in the first pass with links removed...

Actually possibly even with links intact.  As long as one _can_ resubmit
the descriptions afterwards, there should be no problem.

My replies have a tendency to cause friction.  To help mitigating
damage, feel free to forward problematic posts to me adding a subject
like "timeout 1d" (for a suggested timeout of 1 day) or "offensive".