Re: [RFC] switch to GitLab / gitlab.com

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: [RFC] switch to GitLab / gitlab.com
Date: Sun, 09 Feb 2020 23:34:16 +0100

Il giorno dom 9 feb 2020 alle 22:50, Jonas Hahnfeld <address@hidden> ha scritto:
Thanks for sharing! I put together a simplistic script to create a
proof-of-concept: https://gitlab.com/lilypond-issues/lilypond/issues

It's only 1137 issues (now my server is blacklisted for spamming...),
but it has some important features mentioned so far:
 * It preserves the issue numbers, and additionally has a link to SF.
 * It migrates the current description and all comments.
 * It copies the attachments and adds links / previews.
 * Status, Type, and Priority are migrated as labels.
 * The migrated issue is closed when it was closed on SF.

Obviously I can't post in other person's names, so it has "Originally
reported / posted by" lines at the beginning of every issue and comment
(unless it had already been migrated from Google Code). Another
shortcoming is that I could not reproduce the threaded structure on SF,
so all comments are sorted chronologically.

Please all take a look and let me know what you think!

Pretty impressive! I gave a quick glance and it looks great.
I suggest you eventually share the script in the gitlab.com issue I linked before so others can use it...

Another shortcoming is that links to other issues are broken (transformed in links to non-existing anchors in current issue).

When I tested the Google Code>GitHub issue migration years ago, I was blocked by Github filters and I had to ask a special permission to continue. In case you see a block try contacting GitLab.com.