Re: [RFC] switch to GitLab / gitlab.com

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: [RFC] switch to GitLab / gitlab.com
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2020 10:33:08 +0100

Il giorno ven 7 feb 2020 alle 08:59, Jonas Hahnfeld <address@hidden> ha scritto:
I first want to gather consensus that GitLab is really a platform that
(at least) a large part of the community could agree on, for the scoped
purpose of replacing the three tools we currently use.

I'm totally in favour of GitLab, hosted on gitlab.com.
It would be good to get the opinions of current developers in this thread.

I guess that the quality of the issue migration might influence the decision. (I remember I did a migration test from Google Code to Github years ago, but issue numbers were not retained and this was considered a blocker IIRC)
Hence I suggest to test a migration and see how it goes.

I've asked privately to Trevor to get the privileges to see the Admin tab in SF, in order to get the .json file to import issues in gitlab.com.
I would do it in my Gitlab account just for test.

Maybe later we can use an organization account to test this in team.
I think this was managed by Janek:
<https://gitlab.com/groups/lilypond/-/group_members>