Re: [RFC] switch to GitLab / gitlab.com

From: Jonas Hahnfeld
Subject: Re: [RFC] switch to GitLab / gitlab.com
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2020 09:24:25 +0100

Am Montag, den 10.02.2020, 07:58 +0100 schrieb Han-Wen Nienhuys:
> Very nice. Why is the project/user called lilypond-issues?

Because I don't want to to do this with my personal account. First I
created a personal repo hahnjo/lilypond and granted lilypond-issues
access to it. That doesn't work unfortunately because for preserving
the ticket numbers and backdate the issues / comments, the API user
must be "owner" of the repository. By definition there is only one for
personal repos (well, makes sense), but it's less of an issue for a
group: There we could just grant that user temporary Owner access for
the final migration and remove it afterwards.

> Do we know who owns the 'lilypond' user?

If you mean the lilypond group https://gitlab.com/lilypond, then I'd
guess Janek?

Jonas