How to deal with failing 'make test-bseline'

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: How to deal with failing 'make test-bseline'
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2020 14:58:37 +0100

Bringing some offlist-discussion back to the list because it may
interest more people

Am So., 9. Feb. 2020 um 12:44 Uhr schrieb David Kastrup <address@hidden>:

> The output of "make test" starts with a line "for tracing crashes, run
> the following command" followed by some obscure grep recipe.  I have no
> idea what this recipe does, but I have no idea how people have a chance
> to find problems without using it.
>
> In this case, it pinpointed the problematic file, and running that
> manually gave the error message in question.

Ok.
I started from scratch (without #5743), thus 'make test-baseline' _should_ fail.
And it does.

The message
Please see
/home/hermann/lilypond-git/build/out/lybook-testdb/snippet-names-4cf679323625678e6dfeeb9e33801c5e.log
points to a log-file containing nothing else than the version.

Doing
~/lilypond-git/build (master)$ grep sourcefilename `grep -L
systems.texi out/lybook-testdb/*/*log|sed s/log/ly/g`
returns:
\sourcefilename "/home/hermann/lilypond-git/input/regression/slur-rest.ly"
Compiling input/regression/slur-rest.ly works like a charm, though.

So what does this mean?
Am I missing something?
Or is the whole repo corrupted and I should restart with a fesh clone?
(At least this is not the repo I push from...)

Cheers,
  Harm