Re: How to deal with failing 'make test-bseline'

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: How to deal with failing 'make test-bseline'
Date: Sun, 09 Feb 2020 20:17:31 +0100

Thomas Morley <address@hidden> writes:

> I've rerun with
> CPU_COUNT=3 make -j3 test
> with success, i.e. the errored file is grepped.

No idea why more cores help here.

> I usally use 3 not 5, because of limited memory.

How limited?  What kind of SODIMM could you use for extending?  I think
there is a reasonable chance of either me or some other reader on this
list having retired something that would help in cases where 5 threads
of compilation are already too much.

My replies have a tendency to cause friction.  To help mitigating
damage, feel free to forward problematic posts to me adding a subject
like "timeout 1d" (for a suggested timeout of 1 day) or "offensive".