Re: Issue 5788: New French Beamimg Approach (issue 557500043 by address@

From: dak
Subject: Re: Issue 5788: New French Beamimg Approach (issue 557500043 by address@hidden)
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2020 13:18:21 -0800

https://codereview.appspot.com/557500043/diff/563610046/scm/define-grob-properties.scm
File scm/define-grob-properties.scm (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/557500043/diff/563610046/scm/define-grob-properties.scm#newcode1374
scm/define-grob-properties.scm:1374: amount of space in case of French
beaming style.")
I'll really make myself unpopular here, so the ones with the original
suggestion implemented here should likely give feedback before anything
is changed again, but:

Now that this is sorted among the _internal_ grob properties for
LilyPond's private use, it seems more appropriate to name it according
to its specific purpose.  My own choice would be
french-beaming-adjustment (if its normal sign is negative which I don't
know) or french-beaming-shortening (if its normal sign is positive).
I'd have "beaming" in the name because otherwise it could be anything.
As an internal property, its name does not need to be extra-easy to
type.

Why adjustment instead correction?  Because the default value is not a
badly placed French beaming stem in need of correction.

But the main thing is that I'd like its name to contain "french-beaming"
because it is not intended to be used for anything else and not
guaranteed to work for anything else.

So please: the people arguing for the original name change: just chime
in with "agree", "can find myself able to agree", or "don't agree".

Thanks!

https://codereview.appspot.com/557500043/