Re: Shortcut for \repeat unfold

From: Lukas-Fabian Moser
Subject: Re: Shortcut for \repeat unfold
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2021 11:19:10 +0200

Just as a counter-point, while I'm a light user / copyist, I don't think I've EVER used repeat unfold, while repeat percent happens a lot.

I actually quite like the "\x16 d8" idea as a shortcut, but what I'm saying is don't think it's a good idea, just because YOU do it a lot. Other people may have completely different work patterns ...

Yes of course, and LilyPond is a great tool for all different kinds of work patterns. But it's not a question of making one job easier for the price of making others harder, in which case your argument would be more relevant.

To give an example: The fact that I never (so far) needed/used guitar tabulature isn't an argument against improving work experience for people who do. As long as no-one proposes syntax changes that make guitar tabulature easier and figured bass harder, I'm very happy if the support for guitar tabulature improves.

Lukas