Re: Stepping down from Patch Meister role

From: Jonas Hahnfeld
Subject: Re: Stepping down from Patch Meister role
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2022 19:08:19 +0100

Am Donnerstag, dem 13.01.2022 um 22:42 +0100 schrieb David Kastrup:
> Kevin Barry <barrykp@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Hi James,
> >
> > This is a big loss; you will be missed. Thank you for all of your hard work.
> >
> > > I want to stay a
> > > developer and that conflicts both time-wise and with respect to
> > > impartiality.
> >
> > Finding a non-developer to fill James's shoes sounds difficult. I
> > would volunteer, but I still plan to contribute patches.
>
> git shortlog --author Lowe
>
> should be some indication that this is not a conflict of interest as
> such.  It may end up a conflict of resources.

Yes, my initial message wasn't entirely clear, it's of course possible
to contribute patches while being "Patch Meister". The "impartiality"
aspect is that you should try to apply the same standards to your own
submissions as to all other patches.

So, there's around one week left until the end of January and this
thread has more or less died down, thus last call for volunteers.

Jonas