Re: Should we be touching goops?

From: Luca Fascione
Subject: Re: Should we be touching goops?
Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2022 17:28:39 +0200

Oh yes absolutely, the growth is normally much slower than worse case
unless the addends come from really weird-ass distributions, no doubt.
Round to even helps a lot with that

And indeed our numbers not coming from measurements will in practice only
have low significant bits in a handful of specific patterns (and all
divides by power of two have a lot lot of low significant zeroes, which
further helps)

(Do you guys have a sense in practice how rare "odd" divisor groupings are?
It seems like anything that's not a triplet or maybe a quintuplet would be
real rare, no?)