Re: Mixed chord/note mode

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: Mixed chord/note mode
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2022 09:59:28 +0200

Le 14/08/2022 à 09:48, David Kastrup a écrit :
Jean Abou Samra <jean@abou-samra.fr> writes:

Le 14/08/2022 à 01:15, David Kastrup a écrit :

If it becomes one, I will have to remember that I need
to use chord bracket for any chord, even if it's not
a polychord. That's all.
Uh why?  We are not talking about changing \chordmode here.  This
proposal is about using chords as constituents within chord brackets in
\notemode .

There is no valid (more exactly, no sensible valid) input that would
change meaning.

Sorry for the imprecision: I will need to use chord angle brackets
for any chord _in notes mode_, even if it's not a polychord.

The problem is not with backwards compatibility but with cognitive
dissonance from whatI perceive as an inconsistency.

{
  <c>  % I can do this
  c    % but might as well shorten it as this.
  <c:> % I can also do this
  c:   % uh what?
}

As I said: I don't have a strong opinion. I just figured I'd
voice my gut feeling on this.