Re: source file ... .scm newer than compiled ... .go file

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: source file ... .scm newer than compiled ... .go file
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2022 18:06:16 +0200

Le 19/10/2022 à 17:25, Federico Bruni a écrit :
You have to manually add `/app/dev/bin/lilypond` in Frescobaldi. (it's explained in the Github README) It's a Frescobaldi limitation: it checks and adds only the first lilypond executable in the PATH.

OK, I may have invented a nonexistent problem after all.
Does Frescobaldi have a way to run LilyPond with some
environment variables set? If not, my point is moot.

I know how to run LilyPond with Guile auto-compilation:
GUILE_AUTO_COMPILE=1 lilypond ...

I also know how to do this from Frescobaldi, although I
don't usually do this myself: set the lilypond executable
in the preferences to a shell script that invokes LilyPond
in an environment with GUILE_AUTO_COMPILE=1.

AFAIU, the LilyPond executable from the Frescobaldi Flatpak
isn't intended to be run from outside Frescobaldi. Even if
I used the latter approach, I would use a lilypond executable
downloaded myself, which would not have the issue with
auto-compilation.

If this is correct, sorry for the noise.