Re: source file ... .scm newer than compiled ... .go file

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: source file ... .scm newer than compiled ... .go file
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2022 23:33:51 +0200

Le 19/10/2022 à 23:25, Carl Sorensen a écrit :
Can't we add a batch file or shell script that contains the command (pointing to the lilypond binary) with the proper environment variable set, and point Frescobaldi to the batch file/shell script, rather than to the lilypond binary?  We could even name it 'lilypond' if need be.

That's the way I would handle it.

Yes, exactly, you can do that. As I tried to say in my previous message, if you go for this approach, your shell script will be a wrapper around some LilyPond binary that you downloaded yourself, not the one from the Flatpak (not sure if you can even run that one from outside the Flatpak sandbox, but it's not meant to be). So the patched version of Guile in the Flatpak is not an issue.

Thanks,
Jean