RE: Why do so many newcomers post to bug-lilypond?

From: Ed Ardzinski
Subject: RE: Why do so many newcomers post to bug-lilypond?
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 22:27:40 +0000

All good points, and I think a few hit on on the major themes.  I personally like the Wiki idea to some extent - just a brief look at some of the links was instructional and made me think it's time to consider upgrading from 2.6.5!  That's another topic!

But actually, that is somewhat pertinent - even with v2.6.5 on Windows I was able to get started pretty quickly.  Of course, my day job is as a SQL programmer, so the idea of a "source file" was nothing new to me.  So I think the primary issue is stressing that fact.  Of course, it's clearly stated, well, just about everywhere!

Want to read Hotmail messages in Outlook? The Wordsmiths show you how. Learn Now