Re: date in footer?

From: Brett Duncan
Subject: Re: date in footer?
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2009 16:14:49 +1000

Chip wrote:

What's a PEBKAC? I've never seen that before. Anyway, I still find it hard to relate the footer to titles and headers, it just doesn't make sense to me to include it with those. In my way of thinking the footer is a separate entity and should be treated as such.

Hi Chip,

I agree with you, having elements that go in the page footer appear under "Titles and Headers" is a bit confusing. And it probably would have been more helpful to you if you had been directed to the section on custom titles (http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.12/Documentation/user/lilypond/Custom-titles), which discusses a number of variables you can set in the \paper block, such as oddFooterMarkup.

So, combined with the definition for date you've already found, you can have

\paper {
        oddFooterMarkup = \markup { \date }
}

HTH,