Re: Quit [now definitely O/T]

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Quit [now definitely O/T]
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 08:57:37 -0500

Hi Jan,

Well, that's the question, isn't it?  It depends on the percentage
of users on each platform that are able and willing to contribute.

Absolutely.

It would surprise me if you could find many developers that want
to volunteer their time working on free software, yet continue
to do so using [and paying $$$$ for] a rigid, proprietary system
and developer tools?

I'm one — in fact, I'm going out today to pay $$$ (only 3) for Mac OS X 10.6, only to come home and volunteer my time working on (free) Lilypond. =)
Kieren.