Re: Printing barnumber 1 (oh no, not again)

From: Xavier Scheuer
Subject: Re: Printing barnumber 1 (oh no, not again)
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2010 10:27:32 +0100

On 9 November 2010 08:11, Johan Vromans <address@hidden> wrote:

> I have the following snippet:
>
>    s1*6/8 |%0
>    \set Score.currentBarNumber = #1
>    s1*1/8 s1*1/2 g8\p  |%1
>    g4 g8 g4 g8  |%2
>    a8 a8 a8~ a4 e8  |%3
>
> I want the bar number "1" to show at the second measure. I've tried all
> the tricks from the snippet repo but didn't succeed. E.g., this prints
> bar number "2" but not "1":
>
>    \override Score.BarNumber #'break-visibility = #(lambda (barnum) #t)
>    s1*6/8              |%1
>    \set Score.currentBarNumber = #1
>    s1*1/8 s1*1/2 g8\p  |%1
>    g4 g8 g4 g8         |%2
>    \revert Score.BarNumber #'break-visibility
>    a8 a8 a8~ a4 e8     |%3
>
> What trick did I miss?

\set Score.barNumberVisibility = #all-bar-numbers-visible

In the latest version of the doc it is well explained:
(quote)
  By default, the first bar number in a score is suppressed if it is less
  than or equal to ‘1’. By setting barNumberVisibility to
  all-bar-numbers-visible, any bar number can be printed for the first
  measure and all subsequent measures.

NR 1.2.5 Bars > Bar numbers: first snippet
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.13/Documentation/notation/bars.html#bar-numbers

Cheers,
Xavier

--