Re: Four Bars per Line/System, again :)

From: Michael Hendry
Subject: Re: Four Bars per Line/System, again :)
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2015 07:49:17 -0700 (MST)

Experimenting with custom-line-breaks-engraver, I've found that it doesn't
work correctly if the number of bars to be printed per line exceeds 9, e.g.

\consists #(custom-line-breaks-engraver '(10))

A 37 bar song comes out with 10, 10, 5, 5 and 7 bars per line, instead of
the expected 10, 10, 10 and 7.

Specifying (10 10 10 7) doesn't work either.

This isn't a real problem for me, as I usually use 4 bars to the line for
lead sheets (or 8 bars to the line if the notation is sparse and the song is
long).

I don't have any knowledge of Scheme to correct such a brilliantly useful
piece of work - it's going to save me hours of time messing about with
\noBreak and \break commands!