Re: How to build LilyPond.app on macOS?

From: Davide Liessi
Subject: Re: How to build LilyPond.app on macOS?
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2016 10:50:51 +0100

Dear Mojca,

> I would like to see LilyPond.app being distributed in a package
> manager, but for that to happen I first need to understand how to
> build it.

You surely know that there is a Portfile for Lilypond (both stable and
development) in MacPorts.
As others have already said, Homebrew has a formula for Lilypond.
As far as I know, the .app provides only the builtin editor, but I
wouldn't use it for anything past the very first example file.
May I ask why would you want a package manager to provide the .app?

Best wishes.
Davide

P.S. I'm trying to install lilypond-devel with MacPorts right now, to
check what exactly it installs.