Re: How to build LilyPond.app on macOS?

From: Mojca Miklavec
Subject: Re: How to build LilyPond.app on macOS?
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2016 19:13:11 +0100

On 6 December 2016 at 19:01, Tim McNamara wrote:
>> On Dec 6, 2016, at 5:46 AM, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>>
>>    (b.2) I would actually like to know how to change the behaviour,
>> so that my favourite text editor opens rather than LilyPond.app.
>
> Wait, is all you want to do is to be able to assign *.ly files to open with a
> specific text editor

No, that's not all.

> if you double-click on them?  On Macs that’s settable in the Finder with no
> need to build anything from source.
>
> Right-click or Control-click on the *.ly file.  Select “Open with…” from the
> popup menu that appears.  Select your desired application.  When it asks if
> you want all *.ly files mapped to that application, click “yes.”  Should be
> done.

Actually I already did that. It's not about double-clicking on the
*.ly file. It's about opening textedit:// hyperlinks and doing the
above doesn't solve the problem. The answers by Sven and Davide were
the most accurate ones, but it seems I'll have to package duti
(http://duti.org/) first :) before I can test.

Mojca