Re: \include command and local network folders

From: Ben
Subject: Re: \include command and local network folders
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2018 12:27:04 -0400

On 4/12/2018 11:54 AM, foxfanfare wrote:
Thanks for your answers.

In fact, I just found the problem isn't due to the \include command but more
in the original "ly" file that doesn't work (apparently) when it is placed
on my NAS! ... even if the directory of the NAS is added in Frescobaldi.

BTW, I take the opportunity since I met you on this forum, to thank you
personnaly for your excellent LilyPond video tutorials on YouTube! Your
videos conviced me to try this software! I hope you'll continue your serie.

Best,

Foxfanfare,

Thank you so much for the kind feedback on my videos. I am so happy to hear that people are finding them helpful. I really had hoped to be able to continue to post new ones regularly but I've struggled with several heavy life events over the past couple years, which derailed my best efforts. So I am very sorry for the delay. I've recorded over 20 new videos but am still editing many of them. I hope that my tutorials can continue to help others discover the amazing capabilities (and community) of LilyPond - so I will certainly be sharing them as soon as possible starting next month as my new goal.

When I think about it, the main reason I created the learning series was because when I found LilyPond, I was (happily) overwhelmed with excitement and bewilderment; I could not believe that a program like this was free and available to everyone. After coming from SCORE (and Finale), I wanted to show my appreciation to all the developers and to everyone who has helped LilyPond become what it is today - alongside it's outstandingly comprehensive documentation...by creating quality educational videos with all those who are interested.

Thank you to everyone who works so hard to keep LilyPond going strong.

And, again, thank you Foxfanfare for your kind words.

And welcome to LilyPond :)