Re: \include command and local network folders

From: David Wright
Subject: Re: \include command and local network folders
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2018 08:59:40 -0500

On Tue 24 Apr 2018 at 00:42:32 (-0700), foxfanfare wrote:
> Knute Snortum wrote
> > My tests on Windows 10 indicate that lilypond.exe can't handle UNC
> > notation.  This is true even of a local file.
>
> Let me wonder if everybody here use linux!
> Maybe is it time for me to go for it...

All the windows users I come into contact with would only know network
drives that are associated with a drive letter, and those would have
been set up by some institutional administrator/technician.
Few if any would recognise a UNC.

I'm aware that there are places in windows where forward slashes can
be used in filenames (places like system calls, I think), but I don't
know all the whys and wherefores. Probably best avoided.

I've never enjoyed interworking with MS products—there always seem to
be hiccups (like BOMs, TNEFs, MSCHAP, hiding stuff, etc)—but if you
stick to one side or the other (and make a few small allowances like
in this thread), you should be all right with a program like LP.

OTOH...

Cheers,
David.