Re: \include command and local network folders

From: David Wright
Subject: Re: \include command and local network folders
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2018 15:58:07 -0500

On Thu 12 Apr 2018 at 12:13:21 (-0700), foxfanfare wrote:
> David Wright wrote
> > I see no filenames. I only see //192.168.1.13/Public/test.ly which
> > looks like an incomplete URL, but lacking its protocol (like HTTP:).
> > I can only assume when you mapped the files to a drive letter,
> > you got the syntax correct. Would this reference help?
> >
> > https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa365247(v=vs.85).aspx
>
> I don't understand David : \\192.168.0.13\Public\test.ly is a correct
> Windows path.

Then I think that's the filename you need to use. I assume
"Starting lilypond-windows…" means you're running on a windows box.

> I just changed the original "\" with the unix "/" for Frescobaldi to deal
> with (//192.168.0.13/Public/test.ly)
> I think it is named SMB right?

Samba implements SMB on unix, yes, but programs on windows should
use their own filename syntax to reference the files transparently.

In linux, you'd typically see something like //192.168.0.13/Public
if you were mounting a share as a client. Similarly you could only
hand a filename like //192.168.0.13/Public/test.ly to a client that
already knew what protocol to use, like smbclient.

So try using the filename you wanted to specify, rather than
second guessing the way the system deals with it. I'd be interested
to know your results.

Cheers,
David.