Re: tie direction !?

From: Torsten Hämmerle
Subject: Re: tie direction !?
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2018 04:16:02 -0700 (MST)

Thomas Morley-2 wrote
> I already thought creating a function for setting tie-direction, _iff_
> the notes are on the middle line, probably taking stem-direction into
> account. It would give me more flexibility, though ofcourse the
> considerations mentioned above are still valid.

Actually, the C++ coding does take the stem directions of the tied notes
into account, but in our cases, they point in opposite direction and so any
tie direction will be equally good or bad.

Thomas Morley-2 wrote
> Obviously it has something to do with the notes being on the
> middle-line, so I tried the some inconsistent behaviour with notes on
> other lines in order to get more info/insight. Without success so far

Yes, that's why I claimed this strange effect only happens for middle-line
ties.

The up/down decision seems to be fragile as hell.

As it's a centre-line (i.e. Y-offset = #0) problem, this reminds me of
numeric rounding errors (inaccuracies): sometimes, the result is < 0,
sometimes it's > 0, but always very close to 0.