Re: Lilypond & Halfdiminished/Diminished symbols.

From: liebrecht
Subject: Re: Lilypond & Halfdiminished/Diminished symbols.
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2018 11:57:58 -0400

This post is directed to Mason & Pierre Schneider

Pierre, thank you for the following code.
It was a great help to write a routine to do things the way I want it to display. I am a good programmer and decades long LaTeX user but not a TeX programmer, so your example helped me a lot to understand how this should be approached. It does basically what I want.

\version "2.19.82"

\layout {
  \context {
    \Staff
    \omit Clef
    \omit TimeSignature

{
  s2^\markup {
    \combine \draw-circle #.8 #.2 ##f
    \translate #'(-.75 . -.75)
    \override #'(thickness . 2)
    \draw-line #'(1.5 . 1.5)
  }
  s^\markup\concat\vcenter { \teeny\flat "7" }
  \bar ""
}

Mason,
Although, you indicated you dont intend to continue with your code which is a pit, it is what I will have to use in the man time. I looked through my mails and did not see that you provided a link to your code. I understand the GNU license, but I ask anyway. I might want to extend your code to what I need rather than to write a completely new routine and I will post back the changes to you as the license require if I use your code.

I primarily use lyluatex and David's stylesheet "roman_numeral_analysis_tool.ily" clashes with lyluatex and does not compile. It seems there might be an &$& escape arising during execution which is not predictably interpreted by lyluatex.

I will definitely not be using "roman_numeral_analysis_tool.ily" as it does not work with lyluatex which is a prerequisite for me. I will post a file showing that for David's perusal as it doesnt solve my problem at all and I will rather write my own.