Re: LilyPond 64-bit version for a Mac

From: Hans Åberg
Subject: Re: LilyPond 64-bit version for a Mac
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2019 20:45:25 +0100

> On 2 Mar 2019, at 19:01, Carl Sorensen <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> However, there has been discussion about this recently on the developer list.
>  Hans Åberg recently completed a 64-bit MacPorts build on OSX and says it
> works, although it takes a long time.

It may be the dependencies that took a long time. By contrast, I did not notice
the long cache build on the first compile on 32 bit version.

> You can read about this here:
> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2019-02/msg00228.html
>
> I’m sure that Hans would be willing to give you the MacPorts help you might
> need to build LilyPond.

Just install MacPorts and run 'sudo port install lilypond' or 'sudo port
install lilypond-devel' depending on which version you prefer.

Also, it might be useful with a script named 'lilypond' somewhere in the PATH
with:
export LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8
export LANG=en_US.UTF-8
exec /opt/local/bin/lilypond "$@"