Hide staff with Arrows Possible without other program?

From: Reggie
Subject: Hide staff with Arrows Possible without other program?
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2019 09:45:54 -0700 (MST)

Hello I was trying to create a score where a staff goes away and a simple
horizontal arrow continues in its place even over page breaks. I cannot
understand where to find this answer and I believe the framengraver is too
much for myneeds. Is it possible?

I would like to have a simple arrow go across the page or pages in place of
staff then the staff would appear later as normal as found in many
contemporary scores. Do I need to leave blank space and go add arrows in
image software after LilyPond I hope not.

Thank you for helping me with my question. I have a photo to show my help.
The arrows will not always stay on one page but travel pages in place of
staff in some cases which is very common.

help-please.jpg
<http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/file/t5625/help-please.jpg>