Re: Hide staff with Arrows Possible without other program?

From: Mark Knoop
Subject: Re: Hide staff with Arrows Possible without other program?
Date: Sun, 03 Mar 2019 18:53:41 +0000

At 17:18 on 03 Mar 2019, Reggie wrote:
> Mark Knoop-4 wrote
>> You can do this with a simple TextSpanner:
>>
>> \version "2.19.82"
>>
>> onStaffExtender = {
>>   \override TextSpanner.style = #'line
>>   \override TextSpanner.thickness = #6
>>   \override TextSpanner.to-barline = ##t
>>   \override TextSpanner.outside-staff-priority = ##f
>>   \override TextSpanner.Y-offset = #0
>>   \override TextSpanner.bound-details.left.padding = #0
>>   \override TextSpanner.bound-details.right.padding = #0
>>   \override TextSpanner.bound-details.right-broken.text =
>>   \markup \fontsize #5 \arrow-head #X #RIGHT ##t
>>   \override TextSpanner.bound-details.right.text =
>>   \markup \fontsize #5 \arrow-head #X #RIGHT ##t
>> }
>>
>> \score {
>>   <<
>>     \new Staff \repeat unfold 80 c'4
>>     \new Staff {
>>       c'1
>>       \stopStaff
>>       \once \onStaffExtender
>>       <>\startTextSpan
>>       s1*18
>>       \startStaff
>>       <>\stopTextSpan
>>       c'1
>>     }
>>   >>
>> }
>>
> Mark this is so helpful to me thank you. Can you answer this however?
> What if I would like the arrow to be solid straight line and only one
> arrowpoint at end of everything not every system arrow at end of
> system?

I can't check this right now, but you may have to use \alterBroken:
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/notation/modifying-broken-spanners

> Also, how to hide clef for each arrow line system while line occurs
> instead of treble showing in your example each system has line + clef
> instead of just line? Thank you so very much.

Add:
      \temporary \omit Staff.Clef

and:
      \undo \omit Staff.Clef

either side of the TextSpanner.

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/notation/visibility-of-objects

> And what is <> that you use at end?

This is an empty zero-length chord which is useful for attaching objects such
as TextSpanners or Markups.

--
Mark Knoop