Re: Need help with Lily Pond File

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: Re: Need help with Lily Pond File
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2019 23:51:32 +1100

HI Yerko, and welcome.

Can I make the politest suggestion? People on the list always object when I say how I think things should be done, but this file is illegible and unwieldy, with very, very long lines, making it a really hard slog to help you. A good practice is to have each bar on one line. This is so much easier to read.

There are no serious errors in your file, just little things, like \italics instead oif \italic, and slight misuse fo markup.

Would you kindly make your file clean and legible and I'd be happy to point out a few things.

Use a tool like Frescobaldi and just go through the errors one by one starting at the top. Frescobaldi makes this process easy.

There's a convention on this list to just post Minimal Working Exmaples (MWE), to make it possible for people to help, rather than full scores. Making an MWEW instead of posting a huge chunk is a valuable exercise because I find nine times out of ten it helps you isolate and solve the problem by yourself anyway.

Andrew