Re: A request on behalf of Turkish Music

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: A request on behalf of Turkish Music
Date: Wed, 08 Apr 2020 10:42:46 +0200 (CEST)

Hello Emre,

> [...] Turkish Folk Music has its own flat and sharps.
>
> How can I add this fonts/graphs to lilypond system

This should be rather easy, I think – however, some information is
missing.

* Is it correct that the 'Dort' sharp doesn't have number 4 assigned
  to it?

* In the scores of Turkish folk music that you consider as typeset in
  the highest quality, what font gets used for the digits?  I see four
  solutions.

  (1) LilyPond offers digits for fingerings in its Emmentaler font;
      however, the glyphs are quite bold.

  (2) The font is always a sans-serif font like 'Arial'.

  (3) The font varies; assuming that you typeset folk music in a book
      that uses (sans-serif) font 'foo', the digits should also be
      typeset using 'foo'.

  (4) The font is very special; it should look like some specimen
      (that you would have to provide as high-resolution scans).

Only case (4) would need extra glyphs; options (1) to (3) can be
solved by creating some macros.

    Werner